We are 5 weeks pregnant and things are already moving along. I called and scheduled our first doctors appointment for Dec. 14th. I believe this first visit I only meet with the nurse. They said we would cover the do's and don'ts as well as insurance information. Also, this past week I was in a car accident Friday night (Dec. 2nd). No worries though I'm fine and no one got hurt....however my silver beauty took a beating. Courtney and I were already discussing that we would need to get a new vehicle for when the baby arrived. So, I guess this accident just reassured that fact!!!
Monday, December 5, 2011
We're Pregnant!!!!
I woke up the morning of my birthday (Nov.29th) and decided to take a pregnancy test. Due to my cycle this month I thought for sure it would be negative, so I went about my normal morning routine. About 30 minutes later I remembered I had forgotten to check the results......I about fell over when it was POSITIVE. So, naturally I took another one right away....it was positive too!!! I was so excited yet so surprised. I wanted to call Courtney so bad, but I didn't want to tell him over the phone. So, I knew Courtney and I were planning to go out for dinner for my birthday, so I decided to wait and tell him at dinner. I decided to wrap up the positive test and gave it to him at dinner. I told him it was an early Christmas gift that just couldn't wait until Christmas. He opened the box, he looked at the test, looked at me, looked at the test....and then a HUGE SMILE! I believe his exact words were "that is awesome". He then leaned over the table and gave me a BIG KISS. We are both so excited and can't wait to welcome our little one in AUGUST!!! We thought it would be best to wait to tell family and friends until Christmas. We thought that would be a great Christmas gift to share!! However, I think it is going to be a long month.....I really just want to scream it from the roof top! Everyone kept asking me how my birthday was, and I just kept thinking this is the BEST birthday gift yet!
A good friend of mine did a blog throughout her pregnancy and I thought it was a great idea. So, since all of our family lives so far away, we thought this would be a great way for us to track the next months and let our family be apart of it as well. I think that is it for our first blog....until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the pee stick picture!
ReplyDelete