Wow....I can't believe we are already at 11 weeks and almost 3 months pregnant. This week was pretty exciting because Courtney and I had our first doctors appointment with Dr. Hinton. We got to talk to Dr. Hinton about any questions we have had plus we got to hear the heartbeat!!! Dr. Hinton said that it may take a second to find the heartbeat, but not to worry that is normal for only being 11 weeks pregnant. However, the minute she put the heartbeat monitor to my belly....we heard it RIGHT AWAY!! So, we have a little peanut with a VERY STRONG heartbeat! Then on Thursday I went in for a "fun" ultrasound at Loving Choices. Loving Choices is a pregnancy clinic in NWA. Each month they take what is called "model scans" which just means that they need to conduct a certain amount of ultrasounds each month. I had heard about the place through a friend, who's mom works at a similar clinic. My friend Nicole said that she had an ultrasound done around 11 weeks and it was a fun stage to watch the baby move. So, I called Loving Choices and said I was interested in being a "model" and would like to have an ultrasound done. IT WAS AMAZING!!! He or she was like a jumping jelly bean...the baby was doing flips and turns all over the place. He or she was also waving their hands and kicking their feet....it was so cool to watch! Unfortunately, Courtney could not get away from work to come on Thursday...he was so bummed! However, we both are enjoying looking at the pictures....we are trying to guess if it is a boy or girl!! Either way the baby looks SUPER CUTE already! Agree!!!
If you look at the second picture, it appears to be that our little jumping jelly bean has a VERY large ear! Lord help this child if it inherited its mothers ears!!! Not to worry, they told me it was much to large to be an ear and was actually the hand. So, I guess "she" is waving at us... ;)
Well, I still feel great! No sickness of any form! I'm still fitting in my clothes, however they are starting to get tight. I have ordered some maternity jeans online from Gap, so I'm excited to start wearing some "comfortable" pants. Which, I'm going to need since all I really want to do is eat!!! Courtney says he is starting to see a small bump....LOL. I think he is just being nice! Lets see....anything else new? Oh, yeah last week there was a HUGE sale on baby stuff at a small store in Rogers. So, I made our first baby purchases and got our stroller, car seat, and swing. The cats are already starting to wonder what all this stuff is....they are going to have a rude awakening when this baby comes! Well, I think that is it for this week....until next time!
Congratulations Ash & Court! You'll make great parents! Love ya both...ALWAYS!
ReplyDelete