Well, with Courtney gone during the week Gavin and I decided to head back to Iowa to visit some family, and that is just what we did!! During our trip back we managed to see a LOT of family....
We arrived Monday afternoon at about 4:00pm in Waterloo to my mom and Steve's house. Uncle Brian greeted Gavin and I as my mom and Steve were still working. I asked Brian to watch Gavin while I unloaded the car. I gave him one instruction.....don't let Gavin eat the grass. Well, I think that lasted for about a minute. Next thing I know Gavin has a piece of grass in his mouth. Looks like I will be finding a new babysitter....LOL
Once my mom got home we decided to take Gavin on a stroller ride first thing....since he had been in the car all day! We then spent the night relaxing outside on the patio.
Gavin really enjoyed watching my mom get ready for work in the mornings and watching himself in the mirror....silly kid!
Finally, after 10 months they meet! Gavin and Elise are 2nd cousins born 6 days apart. We have been trying to get this two together for months, but is never seems to work out! So, we finally got to meet Elise on Tuesday and enjoyed every second of it! She is as sweet as can be with bright RED hair!!!
Well, of course what is a trip home to see grandparents without new toys....Gavin was in love with his new musical toy from GiGi.
Even Aunt Vicki stopped by to visit Gavin!
Steve's parents also stopped by to see Gavin.....He really was not in the mood for pictures or would sit still. So, this was the best we got!
And of course I have to throw in a picture of Gavin and mommy!!! Man is he CUTE!!!
On Thursday we headed up to Sumner and stopped in to see Grandma Rose along with Duddy and Papa! It was such a nice day out that Gavin enjoyed some cuddle time with Papa on the porch.
Gavin loves to be outside....so we spent our last night ordering pizza and sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather.
After a long trip home in the car Gavin was very excited to get back in his walker and start zooming around....
That night I enjoyed some snuggle time with my little man!! There is nothing better than holding my sleeping baby! It was a busy week and he slept great that first night home!










No comments:
Post a Comment