To start our trip off right...mom and I enjoyed a few cocktails on the plan! It was a crazy view seeing all the water below us! I definitely paid attention to the flight attendant's emergency landing instructions for this flight!
Landed safe and sound and started enjoying Airport "Margaritaville" right away!
Resort: We stayed at the Jewels Dunn's River Spa and Resort in Ocho Rios. It was beautiful!! Here is our view from the room
Here is another view from one of our group member's room.
Sunday: Ok, our first "full" day we spent the morning on the beach enjoying some cocktails, free back messages on the beach, and some sun. However, it did get cloudy and start to rain in the afternoon. So, we spent the rest of the day playing beach volleyball and drinking at the bar! We then all meet up in the evening for dinner at the Moonstone Italian restaurant...followed by a little karaoke! :)



Carl was one of the barterers there at the resort and he made the BEST citrus drink....I looked for him everyday to make me his "carl special" drink
Monday: We spent the day on an all day excursion: snorkeling, tackling the "Dunn's River Waterfall", and enjoying a booze cruise. It was a full day of fun, but a long day to say the least! We started every morning off at the same table enjoying some coffee and great views.
The Dunn's River Falls was amazing....we climbed up this HUGE waterfall! It was dangerous, wet, slippery, and super fun! They enough took our picture for us!
Ok, so the booze cruise got a little crazy....a lot of dancing and a lot of drinking! We had too much fun!

And to be honest....I'm not sure why I kept flashing the "peace sign"
Tuesday: Well, since it rained and was cloudy Sunday, and we were gone all day Monday... we decided to make it a beach day! We also got to see a beautiful peacock try to win over his lady! I guess it is mating season for peacocks. That night we enjoyed dinner on the beach with everyone along with some great resort entertainment.
Ok, so I had 5 different desserts. I couldn't decide, so I had then all! :)
Wednesday: With this being our last full day we decided to have another beach day. I tried to make a "saying" in the sand, but it did not work the best with the tide. No, it does not stand for Monday....it says "Mon" Courtney thought I was trying to spell out monday....lol! The lines out of the head are for dread locks, in case you were wondering. lol. That night we all went out for dinner at the Jade (a Japanese steak house restaurant). Of course we had to have sake bombs!
This is Jeff one of the group members who is my dad's best friend from high school....so I had to get a picture of us two to send to my dad. It is crazy to think that Jeff was there when I was born and now I'm sipping cocktails with him on the beach.
A picture of the group...what a wild and crazy bunch of 50 year olds!

During the trip I made some friends of my own that were not "50" (no offense mom and to the group) However, my group tended to go to bed earlier than I. So, I meet some pretty cool people from Minnesota, Ohio, and New York!
Thursday: Our final day and leaving for the airport. I'm not going to lie I could not wait to get home to Courtney and Gavin!
Of course there had to be a Pandora store in the Charlotte Airport....so mom had to get a bead to represent the trip. She then surprised me on the plane with a bead for my bracelet! Gota love Pandora!!!! Thanks mom, love my bead!

Home Sweet Home....I didn't know who to kiss first!


























No comments:
Post a Comment