We are now only about a month away....I can't believe it!!! Baby Smith will be here before we know it! I'm still feeling great and I seem to have plenty of energy. Within the last week I have started to swell a little bit in my ankles, but I'm sure that has to do with my busy schedule and 100 degree weather! Sleep as also become a little more difficult since I toss and turn a lot. Not to mention that I get up about every 2-3 hours to use the bathroom. LOL!! Overall though things are still going great and we are SUPER excited to meet this little guy!
Over the past three weeks we had some baby showers and we are very thankful to all of our family and friends for attending the showers and for such wonderful gifts!!! I think we have just about everything now :) At our couples baby shower we had all the guys (plus Lacey) drink beer out of a bottle and the loser had to change Addalyn's diaper. So, lets just say they all bit holes in the bottles to try to finish faster. Drinking 8oz. of beer from a bottle can be difficult!! LOL
We also headed back to Iowa to celebrate my grandparents 60th anniversary along with two baby showers. The weekend was AWESOME!!! The weather was great, and both showers turned out amazing. Thank you very much to my aunt Cathy and Coni for all their hard work, as well as my mother-in-law Rose for hosting such beautiful showers for me.


Within the past week Courtney and I have got a LOT DONE!! Since we came back from Iowa it really hit us that he is going to be here in a month, and could possibly come sooner....so we want to be ready! Court and I have finally finished all of the nursery and have put together just about everything now. The only thing missing is the nursing/rocking chair for his room. Which, Courtney should be picking up tonight! We got his crib bedding all put together, which I had his crib bedding customer ordered and I LOVE IT!!! Then my mom got us our snug-a-bunny bouncer and rock-n-play sleeper which are SUPER CUTE and are all set-up and ready to go! Thanks mom!!! We also put together another great gift we got, our monitor system from my dad and Kim. This monitor has a sensor pad that goes under the mattress and will sound an alarm if the baby goes more than 15 seconds without breathing. It is supposed to help prevent SIDs....so we are very excited to have this and hopefully it will help us sleep better at night! Thanks dad and Kim!!

We also decided to make a section in our room for middle of the night feedings. I have a rocking chair from when I lived in Des Moines, so we thought that would be prefect for our room. Since the other chair will be in his room. Also, Courtney's mom is letting us borrow the bassinet from when Courtney was a baby.....which I think is awesome!! The bassinet sheet and quilted blanket are also from when Courtney was a baby. It doesn't get much sweeter than that!!
Last but not least....here is my belly pic from 35 weeks....until next time
Yes, this was a fabulous weekend so many family and friends to share in the joy! Ashley and Courtney I love reading and seeing the site and all the fun pictures that are creating a once in a life time memory of your new family. Simply can't wait!!!! Love Mom
ReplyDelete